** School will be open as normal on Tuesday 12th December **
PTFA Balloon Race
Welcome to Rise Park
These are exciting times for Rise Park Academy Trust. As a cornerstone of the local area, the school's are a bellwether for the positive changes happening within our community.
Since deciding to adopt an Academy structure, both the Infant and Junior schools continue to go from strength to strength. We have invested heavily in not only maintaining but dramatically improving the learning environments for our pupils across both schools.
It is the unanimous objective of the directors and local advisory body to ensure that this focus on improving and maintaining standards across the schools is continued and that we deliver against the promises made to the Department for Education at the time of our academy trust application.
With that in mind, the directors have embarked on an ambitious set of objectives for the coming year. These include:
- The amalgamation of the two legacy governing bodies into one, ensuring a common decision-making methodology but also to share best practices across schools and ensure decisions are made that most benefit everyone at Rise Park.
- Building projects such as a new office reception area on the Infant site, which will become the focal point for all visitors.
- Subsequent harmonising of office processes and functions into one unit including investment in a new telephone system.
- Supporting all staff with the challenges ahead, as we continue on the journey to becoming an outstanding primary school.
- Supporting all new staff with their orientation into the school.
As part of our on-going commitment to lifelong learning, we have hired an apprentice who will join the administrative staff in September 2016 whilst also studying for a professional qualification in School Administration. In conjunction with Havering College, this apprenticeship will complement the ongoing transformation of the administrative functions of the school.
More visible enhancements that you may expect to see in the coming year are a refurbishment of the Junior School hall, which builds upon the recently undertaken decorating projects of the staircase and library area of the Junior School.
One of the greatest advantages to becoming an academy is autonomy over how funding is used. We are excited by the prospect of having a brand new Multi Use Games Area that all our pupils will be able to use all year round. This is an unprecedented opportunity to provide an unrivalled sport facility, which we strongly believe will build upon the school’s already impressive achievements and help pupils realise their sporting potential for years to come.
The above is just a brief insight into some of the projects our team of dedicated volunteer governors and directors are working towards. Rise Park are great schools with a unique culture, stemming from the dedication of the staff and all those involved in creating a community where every child feels safe, has a voice and can achieve their potential.
Board of Directors
Rise Park Academy Trust July 2016